Peterson Sullivan is a Seattle-based CPA and advisory firm with a passion for providing exceptional expertise, communication, and client service to publicly traded and closely held middle-market companies, nonprofit organizations, and high net worth individuals throughout the Pacific Northwest and internationally. Our 200 professionals draw on a deep pool of knowledge, skills, and experiences to provide sound advice and serve our client's needs. We enjoy a highly collaborative work environment with our Values of Integrity, Respect, Commitment, and Expertise as the key drivers of our behavior.
We are excited to be actively seeking a Cyber Security and IT Risk Practice Lead. The Cyber Security and IT Risk Services team will provide SOC 1/SSAE 16 (formerly SAS 70 audits) Examinations, SOC 2 examinations, SOC for Cyber Security, Microsoft Supplier Security and Privacy Assurance (SSPA) Services, Network Vulnerability Assessment, Strategy and Program Design, and Incident Response Planning.
As a recognized member of firm leadership, you will be relied upon to combine your outstanding relationship and team building skills to grow and promote this service area, while setting challenging personal and client service team goals. You will have a forward-thinking vision and embrace the firm’s philosophy of continuous improvement.
The Practice Lead:
- Participates in defining the vision and growth strategy for the Cyber Security and IT Risk Services team consistent with the firm’s Strategic Plan, Mission, and Values.
- Is responsible for managing engagements of various sizes and types, including engagement planning, client communications, developing the audit work program, and supervising engagement staff.
- Ensures that engagements are performed to the highest quality standards and completed within the project budget.
- Performs hands-on project tasks during engagements including preparing and reviewing workpapers, and developing draft deliverables.
- Applies knowledge of information systems and security trends to identify engagement risk issues.
- Leads staff development, sets appropriate performance expectations, and provides effective performance feedback for Cyber Security and IT Risk Services team members.
- Is responsible for marketing/business development efforts and results.
- Will work closely with the audit teams on providing IT risk based services as well as function independently for non-attest consulting services.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as management information systems, accounting, or business. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Seven to ten years of experience in public accounting, internal auditing, consulting, or IT auditing.
- A proven track record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams.
- Experience in performing one or more of the engagements as listed above.
- A minimum of one relevant industry certification, such as CIA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CISSP, or CITP.
- Experience developing draft deliverables, such as executive summaries and consulting reports.
- Experience auditing information systems controls, including network operating systems, applications, and security administration.
Peterson Sullivan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and one of Washington’s Best Places to Work.